OSU Extension Trumbull County, Trumbull County Soil and Water Conservation District, and the NRCS have combined efforts to offer a farmer lunch seminar series that will cover a variety of topics relevant to NE Ohio. Each program will start with lunch at 11:30A.M. sponsored by the Trumbull County Holstein Club followed by a 1-hour presentation.
Cost for individual programs is $10/person. If you would like to register for all four programs, the cost is $35/person.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 – Tax Updates for Farms
• David Marrison, OSU Extension Coshocton County
• New tax laws that went into effect in 2018 made some changes that impacts farm taxes. This session will provide an update to those changes.
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - Beef Quality Assurance
• Haley Shoemaker, OSU Extension Mahoning County
• The Ohio Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) program ensures that both beef and dairy cattle are raised in a manner that results in a wholesome beef product for our consumers. This program helps producers gain market access and keep their cattle desirable to the buyer in the stands.
*Wednesday, February 20, 2019 – NE Ohio Agronomy School in Bristolville, OH*
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 – Climate Impacts for Ohio Agriculture
• Aaron Wilson, OSU Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
• Our changing climate has already influenced how Ohio farmers operate. Learn how predicted climate changes will continue to drive changes in Ohio agriculture. CCA credits available.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 – Tillage Effects on Soil Health
• Steve Culman, Assistant Professor, State Specialist in Soil Fertility
• New tillage technologies are arriving each year, but are they hurting your soil health? Learn how tillage, and other practices can improve or hurt your soil’s health. CCA credits available.]
To register, contact Trumbull OSU Extension Office at 330-638-6783.